Have you been wondering where you should house that succulent cutting? In this hands-on workshop for Sydney Craft Week you'll make not one but two concrete planters from scratch. While they set, you'll decorate a third pre-made planter you'll also get to take home.
Learning the basics of concrete making opens up a new world of possibilities to create jewellery, furniture and other homewares.
What you’ll learn:
- How to mix concrete from scratch
- How to use a mold
- Colouring and decorating effects
- How to create a marbled effect
- The concrete skills to apply to other concrete based crafts such as jewellery, homewares and furniture making
What you’ll get:
- Concrete, paints and all materials needed to make and decorate your concrete pot(s)
- Re-usable molds to make more pots at home
- Small succulent for one of your pots
- Three concrete pots to take home; two that you've made yourself and one pre-made pot that you've decorated
What to bring:
- Casual clothes that you don't mind getting a bit dirty